Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day two -

Juice #3 was this mornings breakfast (turns out 3 juices a day is too much for me) so - here is the review... It was my fav of the juices so far.


Here is a picture of our juicer. But we use a bowl instead of a cup and we put a grocery bag in the side compartment (where the pulp goes) and we freeze it, (planning to use it in our garden!!!) It's a pretty simple machine, it is VERY LOUD sounds like a motorcycle, and it moves around alot, but it is simple to clean (dishwasher safe but we just hand wash it after we are done using it)
 I'll post a link to the item on amazon at the bottom of this post!


so- how do I feel on day two? I feel hungry, I feel full, I feel confused!!!! I feel full for hours after I drink a juice but my stomach is growling all the time, and I miss the ritual of eating, sitting down with a bowl or plate, and biting, chewing, and just like during an actual fast (with NO food) EVERYTHING sounds good!!! I think tomorrow when I go out I may get some bananas, It might be a bit of a cheat, but that way I'll have something I can physically eat!!!! and IS a fruit after all!!!

and here is another who is missing ME eating - cause when i do eat he gets my scaps... lol


My goals and reasons for doing the juice fast are 1- to sleep better. 2- help my skin clear. 3- give me the energy and kickstart that I need to start working out again. 4- develop a taste for veggies (right now the only kind of veggies I eat are green beans, pinto/kidney/navy beans, olives and potatoes). And if you were wondering where I got the idea to do a juice fast I'll tell you, I watched a few documentaries on Netflix. 

1- hungry for change
2- fat, sick and nearly dead
3- vegucated

I learned a bit more about how the body can heal itself of ALOT of things if you put the right foods in and how the key to it is a plant based diet. I am married to someone who loves meat WAY to much to ever give it away to being a vegan isn't gonna happen, so adding juices to my diet (starting with a juice fast) is the way to do it!!! I will be exploring alternative cheeses too when i get back to normal food- I probably eat cheese more than ANY other food so cutting back would prob be a plus, we already use almond milk instead of cows milk. 




No comments:

Post a Comment