Monday, March 10, 2014

my first Juice Fast!!!!

I'll turn 31 in 4 days and I want to start this year fresh and clean- so my way of doing that is starting a 10-day juice fast. My awesome husband is doing the fast with me too. Here are some details.

First of all I went online and found a bunch of juicing recipes, and we each picked our favorite 6, and then went grocery shopping! We spend 40 on fruits and veggies and we hope it'll last us 5 days but I'm thinking it'll be more like 3.

We bought a juicer on Amazon, I'll look at the box and post the exact model soon. We decided we'll make the 6 juices for the day (3 or him and 3 for me) each night for the next day.
Our Breakfast Juice is called Morning Glory- found it on a blog- the drink includes 6-10 Strawberries, 1 grapefruit, 1/2 a lemon, 3 carrots, 1/2inch piece of ginger (doubled for 2) . 

This juice is VERY citrus, a bit sour and a bit bitter- lots of good stuff in it but Not sip worthy so I've been chugging it. I tried doing shots of it but it was going to slowly.


Lunch Juice- Kale+ (also found on a blog) - 6 pieces of Kale, 2 handfuls of spinach (we couldn't find any at our grocery store so we used lettuce) 1 lemon, 1 pear, 1 carrot and 1 inch piece of Ginger. (again doubled for 2)

I will admit, this was a juice I was worried about, it's dark, green and orenge-ish and it smelled VERY earthy, but I took a drink and it actually wasn't bad, it has a refreshing blend. I could taste the lemon and pair and ginger enough to overpower most of the veggies which can sometimes take over the flavor.


Dinner Juice- (another blog find) called "After the rush" - includes 4 Carrots, 3 apples, half a lemon and a 1 inch piece of ginger (doubled for 2)

review coming soon




No comments:

Post a Comment